Public meeting – all welcome!
Thursday, Oct. 2nd, 7:00pm
Stanley Ave. Baptist Church
115 Stanley Ave.
On Thursday you will:
- Meet other residents helping to make Kirkendall a walking and cycling-friendly neighbourhood
- Prioritize concerns and develop ideas for improving the neighbourhood
Environment Hamilton will give a short summary of the concerns brought up through our Kirkendall Walkability study. This volunteer-based, street-by-street canvass has generated a long list of concerns for walkers and cyclists - from problem street crossings to cycling network weaknesses.
As a group, we will discuss ways of improving the neighbourhood. Suggestions might be directed at the city, but there are many exciting things we can do with the local businesses and with our neighbours. Actions might include:
- recommendations for the city cycling masterplan - to be submitted during the public consultation meetings this fall
- traffic calming projects around the entrance to the HAAA grounds through community art projects, a physical roundabout, awareness actions, etc.
- work with the local businesses to make streetscapes around businesses more walker friendly
- recommendations to the city about pedestrian safety issues due to traffic
- a network to better understand and participate in plans for development around your neighbourhood
- work promoting walking and cycling as a healthy alternative to short vehicle trips
We look forward to working with you,
Beatrice and Jarah
Kirkendall Walks Project